Sunday, February 17, 2013

True or False?

Let's play a game...

Which of the following are true since my last blog post?


Nick and I decided living for free in a three story house on the lake in Horseshoe Bay was not the answer for us. We moved back to Austin, live in a little one bedroom apartment, pay rent, and could not be happier with the change. 

Before moving back, I accepted a job working in Cedar Park, commuted back and forth everyday until mid-October when our apartment came available, was given the chance to return to my old job that I left for the potentially better new job in Cedar Park, quit new job, returned to old job, and old job is now better than ever, including a pay raise. 

My wonderful husband, Nick, shut down his personal training business of three years, quit his personal training job at UT, and now works in commercial real estate, a business that he had absolutely zero prior knowledge of or work experience in.


As shocking as it may be, all of the above are TRUE.

I could not have planned or predicted the last six months of my life, even if I had tried. And believe me, I tried.

Planning is what I do. My planner is one of my most valuable possessions. I take it everywhere with me. Literally. I'm that person that reads every word on agendas, and takes scheduling very seriously. If I have any sort of appointment (work, personal, medical, religious, romantic, educational, musical, familial, etc.), it goes in my planner.

As much as I love to be in control of my schedule and know way in advance what is expected of me, where we will be, what we will do, who will be there, what we need to wear, and when we need to be there...

I am so grateful for the things that have happened, to have a loving Heavenly Father who is truly in control, and to know that His plans are exactly what I need. Though I may try to lay a plan for my life, I know that in the end, Heavenly Father is in control, and if I will just let go and have faith, all will be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment